This chromatogram may contain analytes that are synonyms of your search terms.
Chlorinated Pesticide Residues in Olive Oil Rtx-CLPesticides2
* α-BHC not detected due to low recovery during sample preparation.
|Column||Rtx-CLPesticides2, 30 m, 0.25 mm ID, 0.20 µm (cat.# 11323)|
|Sample||Olive oil spiked with Organochlorine Pesticide Mix AB # 3 (cat.# 32415)|
|Inj. Vol.:||1 µL splitless (hold 0.5 min)|
|Liner:||Single Taper w/Wool (cat.# 22286-200.1)|
|Inj. Temp.:||225 °C|
|Oven Temp.:||140 °C (hold 0.5 min) to 268 °C at 20 °C/min to 290 °C at 3 °C/min to 330 °C at 20 °C/min (hold 5 min)|
|Carrier Gas||He, constant flow|
|Flow Rate:||1 mL/min|
|Transfer Line Temp.:||320 °C|
|Notes||Extraction and dSPE Cleanup for Pesticide Residues in Olive Oil|
Test sample: A 1.5 mL sample of commercially obtained virgin olive oil was spiked with a standard organochlorine pesticide mix. The spiked sample was processed as follows:
1. Dilute with 1.5 mL hexane.
2. Add 6 mL of acetonitrile (ACN).
3. Mix for 30 minutes on a shaker.
4. Allow layers to separate (approximately 20 minutes), then collect the top (ACN) layer.
5. Repeat the liquid-liquid extraction (steps 2–4) and combine both ACN extract layers.
6. Place 1 mL of the combined ACN extract in a 1.5 mL tube containing 150 mg magnesium sulfate and 50 mg PSA.
7. Shake the tube for 2 minutes.
8. Centrifuge at 3,000 U/min for approximately 5 minutes.
9. Remove the top layer and inject directly into the gas chromatograph system.
RELATED CHROMATOGRAM LIBRARY SEARCHES
Printing tips! To print chromatograms full page, change the print settings in the print dialogue window of your PDF reader software: 1) "fit" or "fit to page", 2) "landscape" for wide chromatograms or "portrait" for tall chromatograms.