The culmination of 20+ years in LC, Force performance LC columns are long-lasting and reproducible, even under the stress of UHPLC. Premium quality is backed by the strength of our 100% Pure Satisfaction guarantee. And perhaps most important, Force columns are fully scalable between 3 or 5 µm HPLC and 1.8 µm UHPLC, so you can easily transfer and optimize methods without extensive calculations. Apply Force LC columns to all of your HPLC and UHPLC instrument platforms at www.restek.com/force
The innovative Biphenyl is Restek's most popular LC stationary phase because it is particularly adept at separating compounds that are hard to resolve or that elute early on C18 and other phenyl chemistries. As a result, Biphenyl columns are extremely useful for bioanalytical testing applications like drug and metabolite analyses, especially those that require a mass spectrometer (MS). Increasing retention of early-eluting compounds can limit ionization suppression, and the heightened selectivity helps eliminate the need for complex mobile phases that are not well-suited for MS detection.
Stationary Phase Category: Phenyl (L11)
Ligand Type: Biphenyl
Particle: 1.8 µm, 3 μm, or 5 μm fully porous silica
Pore Size: 100 Å
Carbon Load: 15%
Surface Area: 300 m2/g
pH Range: 2.0–8.0
Maximum Temperature: 80 °C
Maximum Pressure: 1034 bar/15,000 psi* (1.8 μm), 600 bar/8700 psi (3 μm); 400 bar/5800 psi (5 μm)
* For maximum lifetime, recommended maximum pressure for 1.8 μm particles is 830 bar/12,000 psi.
- Increased retention for dipolar, unsaturated, or conjugated solutes.
- Enhanced selectivity when used with methanolic mobile phase.
- Ideal for increasing sensitivity and selectivity in LC-MS analyses.
Switch to a Biphenyl when:
- Limited selectivity is observed on a C18.
- You need to increase retention of hydrophilic aromatics.